Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Random Thoughts

Dear Readers,

I have been posting recipes on line for over a year now, and you may have noticed that for the past six weeks or so, I haven't added any new ones (until today).  There are a couple of reasons for that.  One is that I have resumed knitting, and knitting and baking are not very compatible.  Another is that I have now put the majority of my favorite recipes on the blog, and I don't want to post a recipe that I haven't had good success with, because I don't you to repeat my own failure experiences.

I am also thinking about why I started the blog in the first place.  Over the past several years, there have been many people who have wanted my recipes or who have urged me to write a cookbook.  The blog became a way to respond to those requests.  However, I find that it is not easy to search the blog for recipes, and I am now thinking about converting the blog into a cookbook.  Baking for the blog has helped me think about how to communicate the ideas that de-mystify recipes and techniques, so it has been invaluable.  But now I finally feel ready to set down the instructions and photos in a more permanent format.

So my question to you is, do you prefer the blog format, or would you like to see a flesh-and-blood cookbook?

Let me know,

Judy

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing a new recipe weekly on the blog. There is always something new to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    I enjoy seeing the blog posts here. I go to cookbooks when I am looking for a recipe for a particular type of food. But, blog posts spark my interest in making something I may not have been thinking of at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,
    I learned about this from your husband Steve. I am a gerontologist in Texas-close friend of Anita Woods and George Niederehe..and of course a fan of Steve's work and yours. I love your blog--I can look things up, see the photos etc. I appreciate you doing this. I make some of your recipes for holiday gifts!

    ReplyDelete