Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

What we're eating Jan 15-21

Ah, best laid plans.  I had planned to make the eggplant and beef stir fry Saturday night, but when I went to the refrigerator in the garage to get the beef, it was still frozen solid.  The weather has been mighty cold this past week, and I think the ambient temperature was right around freezing.  I guess the refrigerator couldn't really insulate the food all that well from the cold.  Anyway, I quickly pivoted to a dish I had planned for next week and had all of the ingredients for, Bucatini with butter roasted tomato sauce.  Then everything else got scrambled.  Eggplant and beef Sunday, Lamb chops on Monday, Adobo chicken with bacon and bay leaves on Tuesday, and on Wednesday everyone had something different for dinner from the leftovers:  Mom had Stir-fry Pork with Eggplant, Steve had Bucatini with Roasted Tomato Sauce and I had Adobo Chicken.

Here's my best guess for the week

Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Leftovers, besides Steve's eating out
Friday: Tomatillo soup with shrimp
Saturday:  Cheesemongers mac & cheese
Sunday:  Short rib lasagna
Monday: Roasted salmon with couscous crust
Tuesday: Crab and Andouille Jambalaya


No comments:

Post a Comment